- Length: 1 page
- Word Count: 150 to 300 words
- What to Avoid: Lengthy description
- While writing cancellation letters, the language used must sound polite but firm.
- It is important to include date, name of the company, your name, contact details, your account number/client identification number, etc in your letter.
- While writing, clearly mention that the company no longer has an authority to continue any kind of activity with your account/client id.
- State in the letter that you wish to receive a written confirmation about the cancellation.
- You need to keep in mind that there is a notice period of 30 days before a cancellation is made effective. Specify the steps you will take in case your account is not canceled within the stipulated 30 days’ time.
- Type the letter, print it on a good-quality paper and include your signature as well.
Giant Animations Company
14, Sunnyvale Ave.
Phone no: 0044-1756-3933
October 20, 2012
Subject: Cancellation of Supply
Please confirm receipt of this request by sending a reply as early as possible. We thank you for the excellent service provided to us by your company.
6060, Allendale Crest,
August 6, 2012
Subject: Cancellation of Credit Card
Kindly send me a written confirmation that my account has been closed on your end. I would be thankful to you for your time and immediate attention to this matter.